Last night while at my parents my mom had mentioned that my dad stopped at an apple orchard on the way home and it got me thinking about some of my favorite recipes revolving around apples. First in my head was this one from Paula Deen.
Super easy and seriously so delicious. So much so that it has become my go to dessert!
Caramel Apple Cheesecake Bars with a Streusel Topping
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar, plus 2 tablespoons, divided
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Streusel topping, recipe follows
- 1/2 cup caramel topping
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup quick cooking oats
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
In a small bowl, combine all ingredients.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
In a medium bowl, combine flour and brown sugar. Cut in butter with a pastry blender until mixture is crumbly. Press evenly into a 13 by 9 by 2-inch baking pan lined with heavy-duty aluminum foil. Bake 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
In a large bowl, beat cream cheese with 1/2 cup sugar in an electric mixer at medium speed until smooth. Then add eggs, 1 at a time, and vanilla. Stir to combine. Pour over warm crust.
In a small bowl, stir together chopped apples, remaining 2 tablespoons sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Spoon evenly over cream cheese mixture. Sprinkle evenly with Streusel topping. Bake 30 minutes, or until filling is set. Drizzle with caramel topping.